As any polite gift-giver can tell you, for a 20th anniversary gift, the traditional option is fine china. As a result, the download for the new Cumulative Update 20 ships in porcelain. (Disclaimer: Express Edition users only get Rachael Ray china, not the good stuff.)
Be careful when extracting it, and you’ll be rewarded with updates like:
- Out-of-memory errors due to incorrect memory accounting
- SQL Server process crashes unexpectedly on VMware with hot-add CPU and memory
- Access violation when you query computed columns
- Crash if you do a resumable rebuild of a filtered index on IS NULL
- Always On AG bugs: non-yielding scheduler on the primary, missing log block
There are lots of other bugs too, but there’s also a new breaking change: copy-only differential backups are no longer allowed on AG secondaries. They explain why in the KB article. Set the table with the fine china: we’re eatin’ out on CU20 tonight!