Can’t decide between cranberry sauce or mashed potatoes for your side dish? Consider Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2012 instead, which brings these hot fixins:
- Update for dm_exec_query_stats to track memory grants – adds a whole new set of fields to the DMV!
- New query memory grant options available (min_grant_percent and max_grant_percent) – yes, new query hint options to specify RAM for a query!)
- Access violation occurs when you enable TDE
- Improved diagnostics for query plans with residual predicate pushdown
- Spatial performance improvements
- DBCC CHECKDB/CHECKTABLE performance improvements
- Stalled dispatcher system dump forces failover
- Improvements for AlwaysOn Lease Timeout
- Improved tempdb spill diagnostics in the plan and XE
These are pretty doggone big improvements to go out in a service pack. Check out the full list of fixes.