The Meltdown and Spectre attacks are newly announced ways of hacking CPUs, and they’re causing all kinds of urgent patches this week in operating systems, hypervisors, and apps.
Go get ’em, tiger.
Other improvements & fixes include some really awesome stuff!
- New MAXDOP hint for stats updates
- New spills columns in DMVs to diagnose TempDB spills
- CXPACKET shows up in execution plans
- Plans show the list of stats used during query optimization
- Stats on partitioned tables not automatically updating, which includes a new trace flag 11024
- Memory leak during Hekaton backups
- Deadlocks on parallel queries of clustered columnstore indexes
- Long query compile times if you cast a string to XML